Make it Shine: 7 Quick and Easy Cleaning Tips for Every Day
Well. Everyone wants that home but without all that work behind it. After all, cleaning your home or apartment isn’t an easy task. Add kids, pets, a spouse, maybe a roommate – you’ve got a never ending list of things to do trying to keep up with the mess.
But there are ways to get your home looking company (maybe not mother in law, but friend) ready in a short amount of time with minimal effort. Make these a part of your routine every day, and it’s easier to tackle the big things like laundry and heavy cleaning when you have more time.
- Start in the kitchen. Use 10 minutes to toss dishes into the dishwasher, wipe down the sink, counters and table, and shake floor rugs.
- De-clutter the front rooms and pick all the little things up off the floor. If you have bins, use them now. You can sort later. Open shades, straighten curtains.
- Grab a wipe and head for the bathroom. Clorox wipes tackle just about any job in there, so we keep a big container on the sink. Wipe down the sink, toilet, and floor corners where the dust collects.
- Get out that dustbuster and hit the floors for any visible dirt and crumbs. It also works well on the couch.
- Vacuum the main area(s). Don’t worry about doing a thorough job each day, but get the high traffic areas and places people will be.
- Puff the couch pillows, fold the blankets.
- Head to the rooms. Toss laundry in the baskets, toys in the bins, open the curtains, and make the bed.
That’s it! You’ll have a house you won’t dread company being in, while also being able to relax during a busy day. The key to all of this is doing it quickly, without a lot of thought, and focusing on the things that really do need to be clean. Your child’s room may be a mess, but if you don’t have time and no one’s going in? Do it another day. The kitchen can leave smells, dirty dishes make it hard to fix lunch, and dirty floors are a constant, crunchy reminder of what needs to be done.
What are some of your “must do” tips for each day? How do you get your house company ready in a short amount of time?
This entry was posted onMonday, January 14th, 2013 at 8:00 am and is filed under Cleaning Tips, Time Management. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.