For the Wrapper: Rolling Pin Wrapping Paper.
An ingenious way to create unique holiday gift wrap!
What you’ll need:
- Rolling pin or sturdy cardboard tube
- Flexible foam (self-adhesive)
- Acrylic paint
- White or brown butcher paper
- Cut foam into strips long enough to wrap around tube or rolling pin completely. If foam is not self-adhesive, use a bit of hot glue or tape to secure.
- Pour a thin layer of paint into a baking sheet. (One with a lip is a good idea – no accidents that way!)
- Roll tube/rolling pin through the paint, much like you would with a paint roller.
- Spread paper on a flat surface and roll firmly and steadily across it with your tube/rolling pin. Let dry before adding any other treatments.
- Additional option: Dip the corrugated edge of a piece of cardboard into another color of paint. Press that edge flat against the paper, picking up and moving it until you have created alternating lines between the pattern created by the foam strips.
This entry was posted onTuesday, December 13th, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.