For the Wrapper: Newspaper Bow.
Try this clever bow for a green approach to gift wrapping!
What You’ll Need:
- Cut multiple strips of newspaper approximately 1 ½ inches wide and varying lengths, from a few inches to 22 inches long.
- Loop each end of each strip to the center so that it forms a point.
- Secure each “loop” with scotch tape, glue or by stapling.
- When you have your strips looped and secured, begin assembling them into a bow, starting with the largest pieces and then laying the smaller pieces inside them (each piece smaller than the previous one).
- Tape or staple each piece together as you add them.
- The final center piece will be a short strip taped end-to-end, rather than in a loop.
For a more colorful variation, use comics from your Sunday paper. Or have your children color on the paper before you cut the strips.
This entry was posted onTuesday, December 13th, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.