For the Crafter: Yarn Covered Shapes Ornament.
These darling hand-crafted designs bring a simple charm to any tree.
What you’ll need:
- Styrofoam or cardboard ornaments
- Yarn in assorted colors
- Ornament harps (the piece that goes into the neck of an ornament)
- Elmer’s Glue or hot glue gun
- Assorted trims
- Starting at one end of the ornament, coat a small area with glue. Begin wrapping yarn in tight rows until glued area is covered. Rows should be close enough together so that the base ornament does not show through.
- If you desire a pattern, alternate different colors of yarn.
- Repeat process until entire ornament is covered with yarn.
- Add trims in opposite direction to the yarn-wrapping.
- Insert ornament harp into top of ornament. Add colorful string or cord and it’s ready to hang!
This entry was posted onThursday, December 1st, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.