For the Crafter: Yarn Ball Garland.
This cheerful, charming garland could be too much temptation for kitty—hang it high and don’t leave any loose ends!
What you’ll need:
- Small (1 to 1 ½ inch) Styrofoam balls
- Yarn in assorted colors
- Hot glue gun
- Sewing needle (twice as long as Styrofoam balls)
- Long, thin drill bit or nail (to make hole through balls)
- Silver cord
- Affix one end of yarn to a ball with hot glue. Once this is set, begin wrapping yarn randomly around ball to ensure complete coverage. Cut yarn and secure with hot glue. NOTE: you may have to use hot glue periodically as you are wrapping ball.
- Repeat process for as many balls as you need.
- Using drill bit or nail, make a hole through each yarn-covered ball.
- Thread cord onto needle.
- Push threaded needle through each ball, taking care to leave space between each ball.
- Knot the thread once you’ve determined the spacing. (This keeps balls in place.)
- Leave enough empty cord at each end so that you can tie up or hang the garland.