For the Crafter: Ribbon Medallion Ornaments.
So pretty you’ll want to use them everywhere: presents, tree ornaments, scatter pins and more!
- 1 yard of wide grosgrain ribbon
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue gun (optional)
- Make a series of accordion folds, holding the folds in place with your fingers as you work. Finish with both ends of the ribbon facing the same direction. Thread a needle and knot it (leave a 1-inch tail). Pass the needle and thread through the layers, about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Bring ends of thread together and knot them close to the ribbon. Cut off excess thread. Glue ends of ribbon together, covering the knot. Shift the folds so that they are evenly spaced.
- Press the center of the bow to flatten it while you rotate the folds in one direction.
- Sew or hot glue button to center of ornament.
This entry was posted onThursday, December 1st, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.