For the Crafter: Pipe Cleaner Ornaments.
Here’s a fun, easy craft to do with your own little elves!
What you’ll need:
- Cardboard (sturdy but slender)
- Green, pink, white and silver pipe cleaners
- Hot glue gun
- Download and print tree and stocking patterns. You can also find patterns for a snowman and holly.
- Place patterns on cardboard and trace around. Make as many trees and stockings as you want. Cut out cardboard shapes.
- For the tree, wrap green pipe cleaners across front of cardboard template. Bend each end firmly over the edge.
- Take 3 white pipe cleaners and bend them diagonally across the tree, tucking the ends over the cardboard backing.
- Cut pink pipe cleaners to fit length of tree trunk. Glue into place with hot glue gun.
- Fold a silver pipe cleaner into a 5-point star shape. Hot glue it to the top of the tree.
- Add hot glue to any pipe cleaners that seem inclined to come loose.
- On the back, add a loop of green pipe cleaner at the top of the tree with hot glue so that you can hang the ornament. You may also wish to tie a length of cord here.
- For the stocking, repeat the same general procedure with pink for the body, white for the top and silver for trim between the two sections.
- Fashion a hook out of a white pipe cleaner and affix to one side of the stocking with hot glue.
This entry was posted onTuesday, December 20th, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.