For the Crafter: No-sew Aprons.
Get in a holiday-baking mood with these fun, fabric aprons!
What you’ll need:
- Ruffle trim
- Broad ribbon (wireless)
- Straight pins
- Iron-on bias tape or web (such as Stitch Witchery)
- Hot glue gun
- Download and print out a pattern of your choice.
- Pin pattern to fabric and cut out desired shape. Unpin pattern and save (‘cause you may want to make one for everyone on your cookie-making team).
- Lay pattern piece flat and pin one end of ruffle trim to top left edge. Lay the trim around the outside edge of the apron to determine length you need. Cut accordingly.
- Affix trim to apron using iron-on bias tape.
- Using the ribbon, determine waist size of user, adding extra ribbon to tie and make a bow. Cut accordingly.
- Affix ribbon to waist of apron using iron-on bias tape.
- Embellish apron with hand-crafted ornament using hot glue gun.
Even if you never get near the oven, these easy, no-iron aprons make festive gifts or decorations!
This entry was posted onWednesday, November 23rd, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.