For the Crafter: Felt Plate Ornaments.
Grab some yarn and glue for a heaping helping of holiday charm!
What you’ll need:
- 7-inch paper plates
- Pink felt
- White yarn
- Green tinsel string
- Elmer’s glue
- Hole punch
- Place paper plate on felt and trace around it, leaving a 1/8 to ¼ inch edge. This extra felt ensures that the edge of the plate does not show when it is glued down.
- Glue the felt onto the plate.
- Using the tip of the glue bottle, squeeze a thin line of glue in a random curving pattern. Do a little bit of glue at a time and then cover the line with yarn. Repeat this process until the plate is covered in the yarn pattern. Let dry.
- Cut a 1 ½ inch by 2 inch piece of felt for the top of the ornament and glue to the back of the plate.
- Make a hole with the hole punch and thread with colored yarn for hanging.
This entry was posted onThursday, December 1st, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Holidays. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.