For the Crafter: Felt Holly Garland.
Here’s a colorful garland that won’t break, burn out, turn brown or dry up!
What you’ll need:
- Green felt (2 shades)
- Red felt (2 shades)
- Notebook or copy paper
- Gold-colored thread
- Make a holly-shaped pattern with notebook or copy paper.
- Place pattern on green felt and trace around it with felt-tipped pen, making as many leaves, in as many shades, as you desire.
- Make a berry/circle pattern; place on red felt and repeat the same process as you did for the leaves.
- Thread your needle. Make a knot in on end.
- Alternating leaves and berries, take the thread through each piece twice (once in, once out) so that they will hang flat. Leave space between each piece. Make a knot on the underside of the last piece.
- EASY TIP: fold the shapes in half and push the threaded needle through both layers—it’s faster!