For the Crafter: Advent Calendar Garland.
Counting down to Christmas brings daily inspiration and treats with this delightful garland version of a favorite tradition.
What you’ll need:
- Small cloth drawstring bags
- Candy-striped paperclips
- Stencils for numbers
- Black paint
- Alphabet ink pad kit
- Assorted small ornaments
- Large needle or pin
- Ribbon or cord to hang calendar on
- Treats or trinkets to put in bags
- Stencil dates onto bags, from 1 to 25.
- Stamp words or phrases onto bags (i.e. joy, snow, in a manger, etc.)
- Using a needle or pin, poke a hole at the bottom of the bag. This will make it easier to thread the paperclip through the hole.
- Attach an ornament to each of the paperclips.
- Insert the trinkets into the bags.
- Use clothespins to attach the bags (in date order) to the display ribbon.
Voila—your advent calendar garland is ready to hang!